Now you’re engaged, it's time to celebrate! Here are a few tips to ensure your engagement party is so good your guest join you in the wedding day count down!
When is the right time?
- Take a few weeks to enjoy the newly engaged buzz! Then send out a few requests for dates and times at your favourite venue. Sometimes the space can be free if booked in advance and even come with personal bar service.
- If there is a long-weekend coming up this could be the perfect excuse for a party with all your favourite people!
- Sydney has so many options for engagement party venues. It also gives you the choice of celebrating outdoors. The mild weather year round means that no matter the season, you can take it outdoors.
- The Royal Hotel in Paddington has the most incredible rooftop overlooking Rosebay and the Harbour Bridge. Central location and the great staff make it a must-visit!
- For all the benefits of outdoors but without the cool weather give Jonah’s at Whale Beach a call! Perfect for weddings or parties and the best bit is visiting every year and reliving the romance on your wedding anniversary!
Get What you Want!
- Check if venues are happy for you to use decorations or if they have any restrictions in advance.
- Get the girls involved! That’s what besties are for. Invite your closest friend around for wine and discuss your plans.
- Ask for any images taken at previous events to get inspired and Enjoy!
- The engagement party is a great opportunity to invite everyone you had to cut form the wedding and share the engagement love!
- Send out fun, informal invites. It sets the tone for your party and the more personalised you can get the better! One of our brides recently sent everyone individual pictures of a great night they had out together and a handwritten note on the back - perfect to pin on the fridge!
However you plan to celebrate your engagement, enjoy every moment.
You won't remember the hours spend scrolling through Pinterest but you will remember a great night out!